How long does an inspection take?
~3-3.5 hours. This depends on age, condition, and square footage of the home.
Does someone need to be present for the entire inspection?
No. In fact, we prefer that clients only join at the end, with their agent, for the walk through with the inspector. This is done for liability reasons.
What’s included in an inspection?
- Roof: Roof coverings, gutter, downspouts, vents, flashing, skylights, chimney, roof penetrations and the general structure of the roof.
- Attic, Insulation & Ventilation: Insulation and ventilations of unfinished spaces, attics, crawl space, foundation areas and exhaust systems.
- Exterior: Siding, windows, exterior doors, flashing & trim, walkways, driveways, stairs, patios & decks and drainage.
- Basement, foundation, crawlspace, structure: Foundation movement, cracks, structural concerns and indication of water penetration.
- Cooling: Cooling system, location of thermostat, energy source and cooling method.
- Heating: heating system, location of thermostat, energy sources, and heating method.
- Fireplace: Visible portions of the fireplace and chimneys, lintels, damper doors, and cleanout doors and frames.
- Plumbing:main water and fuel supply shut-off valves, water heater, interior water supply, toilets, sinks, tubs, showers, drain, waste and vent systems.
- Electrical: Service drops, overhead service conductors, service head and mast, main service disconnect, panelboards, grounding, switches, light fixtures, receptacles deemed to be AFCI & GFCI, and the presence of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Doors, windows and interior: Representative number of doors & windows, floors, walls, ceilings, stairs, railings, garage doors and openers
May I see a copy of an inspection report?
Yes, you are sent an email with a link to view and save your report. Please click here to see a sample.
What kind of inspections do you offer?
You can check out our services here.
I have a very short option period. Can you accommodate me?
We try our best to accommodate requests.
I’m building a new home and the construction/completion dates keep changing. Can I still schedule an inspection with you?
Yes. We can modify inspection dates as needed based on builder timeline.
Can you give me some preferred contractors to call?
I have a few contractors that I’ve worked with in the past that I can recommend. I still recommend you contact at least 3 in each area for quotes and do your own research.
Do you look for and/or test for mold?
No, however the home inspector will look for signs of organic growth and recommend mold testing if needed. (Can be about $400/room). We do offer an Air Quality test that can pinpoint high levels of the particulate size matter that mold falls into. Please see
Do you have a recommendation for someone who can?
How is the price of an inspection determined?
Size, age of property and foundation type are used to determine the inspection fee. An additional fee is applied if you are outside of a 40 miles radius from Leander, TX.
Will my Realtor get my inspection report?
Do you send my report to the seller of the property I am looking to purchase?
No. You are the sole owner of your report and can share it as you see fit. We will never share your report with anyone. (This is a good question to ask inspectors to see if your information is being sold to third party companies like insurance.)
When is a WDI (Wood Destroying Insect) inspection report needed?
It is a requirement for a VA loan. We also recommend getting one performed on houses that are over 3 years old.
How far out do I need to schedule my inspection?
If you are purchasing an existing home, as soon as you are under contract your inspection should be scheduled so you receive your report prior to your option period expiring. If you are building a home, inspections should be scheduled to coincide with builder timelines for each phase. For other types of inspections (Builder Warranty Inspection, Pre-Listing Inspection, etc.), it’s at your convenience.
How long does it take to receive my report?
48 hrs by law but we strive to get it to you within 24hrs.